Monday, March 22, 2010

South Shore Religious Educators

Last week, I had the pleasure of speaking to religious educators representing various South Shore parishes, churches and the Archdiocese at a meeting at St. Mary's in Hanover. I talked about inclusion in religious life for individuals with intellectual disabilities. This has been an area of special interest for me since the 1980's.  In a touch of irony, as I look out at the Kennedy building, one of the first times I spoke to a similar group was by the invitation of Eunice Kennedy Shriver when she assembled a group of clergy and lay people from various faiths to address the issue in 1988.  We have made such progress in this area and to be among so many dedicated educators who provide inclusive opportunities for students made for an inspiring morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment