Friday, December 11, 2009

With Grateful Thanks

During this season of miracles, we are celebrating our own here at our Hanover campus. On last Wednesday night, right before midnight, an alert staff person smelled smoke and discovered smoke coming from the dryer. In moments, 10 students and several staff were evacuated to safety-before the alarm or the sprinkler activated. The Hanover Fire Department responded immediately and the fire was contained to the laundry room. However, there is extensive water and smoke damage on both floors and it has been estimated that it will be 1-3 months before the students can return to the house. In the meantime, they are living in other homes and everyone is doing well. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment